Friday, February 4, 2011

Lima Bean Brownie

As soon as I saw them wheel in the sonogram machine, I bit my tongue and tried not to cry. I was not just seeing this in a movie, there right in front of me was my own sonogram machine! As I rationally pushed down my immediate thought, "just grab it and run" I refrained knowing they would definitely see me take it. My second thought surfaced and I agreed with its rational; I decided to just stare at it and bask in knowing its powers are great. However as I looked at this R2D2 like machine all of a sudden the room, the dinner napkin they gave me as a "blanket," my not so pretty toe nails (oops! Oh well she's not looking there) suddenly became Oh SO REAL and my heartbeat started beating faster!

When OUR baby finally appeared on that black and white computer screen my heartbeat slowed to a crawl and quickly melted along with my fears. I was very surprised I didn't cry, go figure the machine almost brought me to the floor, yet this little miracle, our little "Brownie" with its strong and rhythmic heartbeat, mesmerized me! I believe God just gave me a peace and all daddy and I could say was "Wow". Kevin pointed to a little blinking spot and asked "So, is that the heartbeat?" "Yes and a very strong one at that!" the doctor replied. Kevin and I smiled at each other while Doctor Carolynn watched the screen. As I laid there captivated by my little one calmly posing for her/his first pictures (notice the HER is first :-D, I can only hope!) The doctor mentioned "Ok, I'm just going to move the device a little just to make sure there's only one in there." As soon as those words left her lips I heard myself say "Oh Dear Lord!" The doctor started laughing and said "Oh Dear Jesus is right!" as she moved the device my eyes were like saucers just watching her waiting for her to speak, FINALLY she spoke "Looks like I only see one". As I gave a nervous/relieved laugh I immediately went right back into my trance and starred for what seemed like forever yet in the same token not nearly enough time to look at our baby. I watched that little strong heartbeat and perfect little body, just so happy that we could have this moment. As much as our brownie looked like a lima bean, the form of a baby was as clear as can be and one of the best moments of our life!


Febuary 2nd 2011, was our first step through the doors of that doctors office but will not be our last. There will be many many more to come in the next six months and three weeks. We pray that every visit is a happy one and every sonogram is a mesmerizing amazing fun memory. We need your prayers of safety, health, and overall protection! We thank you for caring so much for us, I guarantee we care about you the same :-D


As I come to a close I will say this last thing, though I am only 2 months and one week along in my pregnancy, I have said to my husband before that I really want to only be pregnant just this one time. Of course He is wanting a boy so then that gives me a reason to want to go through this experience once more; just to try and get my girl :-D However, as I walked out of those double doors and said my goodbyes to my doctor, the nurses, receptionist, and I'm surprised not to the entire waiting room; my husband carried those four sonogram pictures so close to his heart not wanting anything to ruin those first precious memories.

I remember telling him to put the pictures inside the pregnancy magazine that he had picked up at the receptionist desk, you'd think he's the one pregnant, so the rain would not get the chance to damage our wonderful pictures. We walked to our car both adorning the look of the Cheshire cat and all of a sudden I said "Wow, that wasn't so bad I worried for nothing! I can't stop looking at these pictures, maybe we could try for another one later down the road." Kevin looked at me kind of shocked, yet still adorning his Cheshire grin and said "Really? Fine with me!" As my brain caught up with my heart, that then caught up to the fact that my experience with my first doctors appointment went so amazingly well that I just referred to possibly having another little one in a couple years; the realization hit me and I knew who to blame! "Oh crap, I said, those people are way too nice!"





Due September 5th! "Labor Day"









2 comments:

  1. Awwwww, how sweet! My first grandbaby is so photogenic...and CUTE!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, and I love how baby is just 'chillin out' in the 2nd and 3rd pic. Baby takes after their photogenic Mommy and Mimi :-D

    ReplyDelete