Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Over Due, with some much needed info thrown in.

Rylan is definitely NOT early as it is now two days past my due date.....I have already been proven wrong by my son. Uhoh!...(I blame kevin :-D)

Being tired. Irritated. And just worn out. Especially after my doctors appointment that still showed no more dilation or change, yesterday I felt SO defeated... The thought of working this last week before my induction poised a looming threat that of all weeks to go into labor at work, this would definitely be the one seeing as I am now an over due library book. I literally could not handle the anxiety anymore and decided to start my maternity leave a week early (and if he comes this week before my induction date, I WONT have to worry about being at work!)

As I picked up the phone to call HR at work my anxiety floored. They have me under CA which doesn't allow me to miss work...SOOO will they tell me I can't take my maternity leave early? Can they do that? They shouldn't be able to! Right???  This was the main back and forth in my mind. As I took a deep breath I just decided to try, I called and left a message and then waited an hour and a half before getting a call back and was then given another number corporately to call  to discuss starting my maternity leave early.........

WELL, BOY was I surprised with the information that was then provided to me!!! 
Below is the conversation that then ensued. 

"Hi my name is Sue ( I can't remember what it really was but lets just use that name.) I hear you are wanting to start your maternity leave early prior to delivering." "Yes, I said, I will be induced next week and believe it in my best interest to start it early." "Ok, Sue says, so when is your due date"? I paused and without thinking it was a big deal I said "Oh, (insert nervous laughter) it was yesterday." (Pause on the line) "OH! OK" Sue exclaimed "Wow, I see, so when was your last full day at work?" "Oh it was Thursday" I said. (insert another pause) "Well ok, well this situation is a little different" Sue spoke, she continued, "You do not have to actually have this week before your induction date as maternity leave because you are actually eligible for time off with 70% pay for, at least, two weeks PRIOR to your due date; seeing as you are now past your due date (insert nervous laughter on her part) you are definitely more than eligible to take this week as short term." She continued. "We offer this to our employees because we really do not want our employees to have there babys at our businesses!"

(On my part:...Insert, mouth falling open, choice words filling my mind, lets through in a blank stare and clearing of the throat, OH YEAH and add another nervous laugh....) "Wow, I say in response, OK, this would have been some great information to have been given a while ago, umm yeah, lets start that short term this week!"

Soooo here I am, have been, working my...."butt" off  and not one person could have told me this was available to me :-O...MAYBE my son would not be late if I could have had the time off before my due date...who knows....

I know my anxiety has not helped him with not coming. I am extremely annoyed..... however..... VERY happy that I do not have to take from my maternity leave for this week (I actually found out I can take more time after six weeks called "bonding time" with my baby, it would not be paid but it is something I am able to take if needed.)

So that was my yesterday!

 :-D So, now I await Rylan Paul Browns grand appearance with anticipation; as the bitter taste of work induced anxiety fades... 
I'm smiling, over due and all.

1 comment:

  1. It is said that if you walk up stairs or bounce on an exercise ball that it can help... also said that having sex can ;) lol...

    God knows the date of ur sons birth... while it is complete crap that they didn't tell you that before hand that you could have taken off last week even...

    Just know one this is for sure... you WILL hold ur son on the 14th... so act as if he is coming the 14th and no time sooner... then if he comes sooner... u will be rushed with excitement!

    Can't wait til Rylan's arrival and all the pics ;)

    ReplyDelete