Monday, December 12, 2011

Postpartum Wig

Lets get real and be completely honest here:


Postpartum hair-loss.... NOT FUN. That's pretty much all I can say about it. Not all woman are effected however the tons and tons of tresses that fall out of my head and come out in the shower and in my brush show that I am one of the lucky ones plagued by such an annoying hair thinning experience. It's one of the not so pretty effects of post-pregnancy. Because you're hair doesn't shed as it usually does during pregnancy your lovely hormones stop that process,which is why a lot of the time your hair becomes really full and pretty during pregnancy. After delivery (starting at around three months) once your body realizes your not pregnant anymore you start to shed, fun times. A normal woman sheds 100 pieces of hair a day. If you're not doing that for ten months you can understand my annoyance as of now. I have a lot of hair that needs to free itself 10x100 on top of the normal 100 pieces normally. OH JOY. For this reason and also the lack of time you have after having your baby a lot of moms cut their once long hair, short. After delivery, I lasted only a couple days with my always long hair and cut it off. Gradually it has gotten shorter and now rest above my boobs. Which for me is SHORT. However, I am wanting to go shorter....might happen.


SO back to lovely hair-loss and other pregnancy marks of a mommy. I really wanted the stretch marks and morning sickness the entire pregnancy to be enough. As well as the not so easy delivery... SO once this whole postpartum hair-loss started all I wanted to do is scream, STOP! However it can last up to a year. LOVELY! Along with my not so frequent not crazy moments (thanks hormones) or my ever so not so on schedule periods. (Never thought I would want it to show up...) YES please, period. Please show up soon!


Some woman do not get their periods after delivery for a year or only have a couple and then they stop and have to be put on medicine to get their body to regulate itself because some woman's bodies do not regulate naturally. I have had two periods since Rylan was born and am now...playing the waiting game. And no, I do not want to take a test that gives you a negative and positive result, (protection is used, thank you) Yeah ignorance is bliss.... Right? :-)


So with Christmas approaching my hair losing, hormonal ragging, crazy mood swinging, tired, overwhelmed, happy, then sad, body will try it's best to get through the season without tripping over strands of hair and in the process not pulling out the eight hairs I have left.




No comments:

Post a Comment