Monday, November 14, 2011

Rylans Two Month Check Up

Rylans two month check up went beautifully! Rylan smiled and flirted his way through his appointment. Weighing in at 12lbs 4oz and 23 3/4in. long the doctor was very pleased at his growth, surprised at how alert he was, and kept commenting on the fact that she couldn't believe how funny it was that he wouldn't stop watching Kevin and I as she examened him. His good mood even got the doctor to ask "Is he always this well mannered"? However all the cooing, flashing of smiles, and batting his long eye lashes couldn't take away the pain of three shots and a drink of medicine that the "mean" nurse had to give our little boy. It was so hard to not cry however I will say I remained very strong and as I looked away still holding my little Rylans hand, tears welled up but did not spill over. As soon as the nurse was done, I scooped up my crying baby and clung to him, wishing I could take away his pain...


Since getting his shots, he has had fever off and on and is a lot more fussy than normal, which the doctor warned could happen. He is fighting sleep more and just can't seem to get comfortable at times. I am hoping that the fussy little boy soon leaves and my happy Rylan soon re-appears, because this mommy and daddy miss his smiles and cooing!


Even though Rylan Paul hasn't been his normal self, at times we have been able to catch some happy moments pre-shots and post-shots, including when he discovered his hands!














No comments:

Post a Comment